What is Hand Over Hand’s Individualized Educational Program?
Hand Over Hand’s Individualized Educational Program is the only educational service company that individualizes students’ learning, fosters Inquiry-based learning, STEAM-based learning, and Project-Based Learning—while also building students’ social skills through teamwork.
Hand Over Hand’s Individualized Educational Program is widely considered a successful way for each student to achieve their unique goals and build the foundation for long-term success and life skills by using an Inquiry-Based Learning Approach. We emphasize the development of problem solving, literacy, civic, social, and technological strategies necessary for students to contribute to their local and global communities.
We are certain that by adding our unmatched Hand Over Hand Individualized Learning Program and interaction with 21st Century real-world issues, our students will be well prepared for their futures, including college, careers, and long-term success.
Book a Complimentary Consultation Today!
Let’s get started today!
Chat with an
Sign Up for
“In 2020 we switched to virtual learning with Hand Over Hand & it has been so amazing! Our 4-year-old is learning new vocabulary and pragmatic skills. My husband and I are so happy to see her social skills blossoming & her excitement to learn from home.”
Attention Span & Focus
- Learn to focus effectively
- Experienced in Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
- Teaching Listening strategies to allow a child to maintain attention
- Providing sensory feedback strategies to improve attention
Literacy/Reading & Academic Skills
- Sounding out words in order to spell unknown words
- Spelling age-appropriate words
- Age-appropriate phonics skills
- Becoming a fluent rader
- Solving grade level and advanced math word problems
- Organizing their thoughts in order to complete a school work assignment
- Improving short and long term memory
- Controlling emotions/impulse control
- Starting a task and completing it
- Working collaboratively with others during play
- Understanding and appropriately responding to changes in body language
- Telling stories and answering questions
- Rephrasing when others do not understand the message
Teacher and School Building Leader
Danielle’s professional journey started at Brooklyn College, CUNY, where she completed a Bachelor’s degree in Speech-Language Pathology, Audiology, Speech and Hearing Sciences. After college, she completed a Certificate of Advanced Study in School Building Leadership from The College of St. Rose/CITE.
Special Education Teacher
Marie earned her Master of Education Degree from Brooklyn College, City University of New York (CUNY). She spent 27 of her 30-year career working as a Special Education Teacher. She was also a member of the School Based Support Team as the IEP Teacher, as well as the Special Education Liaison of District meetings.
Jeanine earned her Bachelor of Arts degree from Fordham University. From there, she earned a Master of Science Degree in Education at Fordham University Graduate School.